致我们终将远离的子女(翻译得太好了)
下面这首诗,是由被称为“艺术天才”、“黎巴嫩文坛骄子”的美籍黎巴嫩阿拉伯诗人纪·哈·纪伯伦所作。句句,触动心弦。
下面这首诗,是由被称为“艺术天才”、“黎巴嫩文坛骄子”的美籍黎巴嫩阿拉伯诗人纪·哈·纪伯伦所作。句句,触动心弦。
Your children are not your children.
·
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
·
They come through you but not from you,
句句,触动心弦。
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
你的儿女,其实不是你的儿女。
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
他们是生命对于自身渴望而诞生的孩子。
For they have their own thoughts.
他们借助你来到这个世界,却非因你而来,
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
他们在你身旁,却并不属于你。
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
你可以给予他们的是你的爱,却不是你的想法,
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you,
因为他们有自己的思想。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
你可以庇护的是他们的身体,却不是他们的灵魂,
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
因为他们的灵魂属于明天,属于你做梦也无法达到的明天。
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
你可以拼尽全力,变得像他们一样,却不要让他们变得和你一样,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
因为生命不会后退,也不在过去停留。
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness,
你是弓,儿女是从你那里射出的箭。
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
弓箭手望着未来之路上的箭靶,